Google
 

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Royal Caribbean Extends Most Cruise Cancellations Until October 31, 2020



This Sucks!

Royal Caribbean announced further cancellations through October 31, 2020 due to the COVID situation.  Basically everything except Australia sailings are affected.  China sailing cancellations were extended to September 13, 2020, the remainder of the Europe 2020 season is done as well as the Fall Transatlantic sailings.  The 2020 Presidents Cruise on Allure of the Seas has also been cancelled.

Here is a letter sent out to the Crown & Anchor members:

Dear Crown & Anchor Member –

Back again so soon, I know.

I always look forward to keeping in touch with you as often as I can and typically with good news. Today, however, is a difficult day, and I wanted you as one of our most loyal guests to hear the news from me first. This morning, we announced the extension of our voluntary pause on cruises through October 31 in many places around the world. This was a challenging decision in and of itself, and it was even tougher this time around because it means we must cancel this year’s President’s Cruise on board Allure of the Seas.

This is disappointing news for you and me. The President’s Cruise is a wonderful opportunity for all of us to come together and celebrate the cruise line we love, our incredible crew and each other – something we have been doing since 2016. I am personally disappointed in having to cancel this year’s cruise as it is a highlight of the year for me. I will miss our cocktail hours, sharing our favorite Royal memories and all of the fun times we have together. As I’ve said many times, you play a special part in making Royal Caribbean what it is today, and your loyalty and support mean the world to us.

If you were booked to sail with us on the President’s Cruise or back to back on a second cruise, you will receive a separate email with information on your reservation and options available to you.

Now, we wouldn’t be Royal Caribbean if we weren’t looking at ways, we can make the best out of every situation. We’ve been hard at work coming up with new ideas on how we can continue to bring our tradition to life within our current environment. I can’t spoil the surprises we are planning, but I would encourage you to keep an eye out for some fun, creative ways we will celebrate together. In fact, I would say I’ll meet you on the “virtual seas” soon.

Thank you for your continued support. As I’ve said before, there are smooth seas ahead.

All my best,
Michael Bayley
President and CEO
Royal Caribbean International
“Loyal to Royal”

No comments: